A Hospital As
Old as India Itself
About Woodland's Hospital
Woodlands Hospital started as a secondary care unit and gradually developed as a tertiary care unit over the years. In its over 70 years of existence, Woodlands has touched the lives of millions of patients in Kolkata, Eastern India and other neighbouring countries.
In the early 1940s, British Companies realising the need of good healthcare services for their families, opened a company called 'East India Clinic Ltd' in 1946 and 2 nursing homes were started in Elgin Road in 1947. Woodlands Nursing Home was inaugurated in January 1961 by the then Chief Minister and eminent doctor, Dr. B C Roy. East India Clinic Ltd was then shifted to Woodlands Nursing Home and renamed as Woodlands Hospital and Medical Research Centre Limited in the year 1994, and thereafter to Woodlands Medical Centre limited in the year 2004.
Since its inception Woodlands has been committed to providing the highest standard of medical care matching the global benchmarks.